Friday, February 23, 2018

Reckless by Lex Martin

I'm trying something new with this post.  
It's a spotlight on a single book (well, and the book before it, because I think you should read that one, too).

What are those books, you ask?
by Lex Martin!

I fell in love w/ Shameless a couple years ago (Kat & Brady are part slow burn, part friends to lovers) and when I heard we were getting more from that world, I was super excited!!  Reckless, which is Tori & Ethan's story, did not disappoint!  And look at this cover!!
*heart eyes*  



It's faster paced, but still has the friends-to-lovers vibe.  Tori is there to take care of Ethan's kids (they're adorably written - I love well-written kids!) & has sworn off men.  Ethan is stressed to the max & going through a divorce & the two butt heads at their first meeting.  But they have pretty great communication with each other, and don't really let things "stew" for long at all.  That is one of my pet peeves, when misunderstandings happen and the main characters don't bother to talk to each other for an extended period of time.

Tori & Ethan might have an issue (or two) but they talk to each other & get it figured out quickly & then move on to working out other issues.  I loved the pacing, the laugh out loud moments, and am especially looking forward to Lex (hopefully) writing Ethan's brother, Logan's story!  : )  

I hope you'll give both these books a shot & let me know what you think!!  

TTFN! 
: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment