Friday, August 31, 2018

August Roudup - Favorites Discovered

Happy almost Fall!  Fall/Autumn is my favorite season, how about y'all?
I'm going to try a new format for this month's round up.  I created a collection on my Kindle for my August books so you could see the covers.  I felt like putting so many covers in the actual post was taking up a lot of room!  

I'm still going to give you the links & a little snippet of each story, though!  I couldn't help myself as I was writing the post... LOL  

If you read this & like one format over another - or have any suggestions on what you'd like to see or improvement ideas, lay it on me!  I'd love to hear from ya!  

Have you read any of these??  




First of all, one of the Queens of Story Telling, Kristen Ashley!
Her Wild Like the Wind came out & I was SO HAPPY to have Hound & Keely's story!  I was blessed to meet Ms Ashley a couple years ago, and am doubly blessed because I'll be seeing her again next weekend.  I'm going to bring my copy of Law Man for her to sign - this was my very first KA book, and I randomly came across it in a Target.  I was HOOKED right from the start!!  

by 
Fiona Davenport
All NINE books in the series, plus bonus material!
I binge read the whole series.
It was FABULOUS!

by
Katy Regnery writing as Callie Henry 
This one is YA & has some wonderful talking points included to use in a classroom or as a read-along with your kiddo!

- Several Dixie Warden stories
by
Lani Lynn Vale
Someone anonymously blessed me with an Amazon gift card this month, and I took the opportunity to complete my collection of this series.  
I also read Too Bad So Sad, which is part of a different series, but all her books are interconnected, and that's one of my favorite things about them!  

by 
Susan Stoker
Yet another of my go-to auto-buy love love love authors!  
And she writes super fast & publishes many books a year, in various series that are also inter-connected.  

- Jude 
by 
Kelsie Rae
This is a new author I discovered this year, and fell in love w/ her writing style and stories.  
This is book 3 in the series, and I think I've mentioned Liv & Breezy in previous posts.  
They get a thumbs up!  

by
LB Dunbar
Book 3 in a series about more mature couples.  I really enjoy this series - although her over 40 crowd is in a very different place than I am as an over 40-er!  They're beautiful stories, full of heart and real-life issues that older, second-chance couples share.  

by 
Piper Davenport
Piper is another awesome story teller with several series whose characters all intersect and connect.  I love seeing characters from other series pop up here & there!  
Also, she writes the kind of MC (motorcycle club) that's my favorite - they can scrap when they need to, but they're about brotherhood & doing right by their communities & families.  They're uber protective alphas, and the women are all smartly written!  

by 
Kaylee Ryan
OMH!  This story is SO smooooth!  
The characters made me fall in love right from the beginning.
And the BANTER!  
Yeah, y'all know I'm a sucker for banter!  

by 
LK Farlow
I wasn't sure I was going to like this one in the beginning, because AJ is very prickly.  Like, I totally would expect someone to prick their finger if they got too close, ya know?!  And normally I'm not a fan of combative stories.  The good thing about this one is that we learn the reasons for the combativeness early on, and it doesn't last too long.  Soon, AJ & Brock are bringing the funny banter & I tumbled into love with the story.  : )  

by
Kristen Proby
Low drama, great recovery read, this story still brings the FEEEELS!  
Kristen has a way with writing affluent characters that pulls you into their world & shows you their hearts rather than their bank accounts.  But, you're still aware they have quite the amazing bank accounts, because they like to shop & travel & do all the things I'm pretty sure I would do if I were independently wealthy!  

by 
Jennifer Van Wyk
This is one of my favorites of the month!  
There is so much heartbreak, but also healing.
And the characters...!!  I highly recommend every single book by this author.  The way they connect & the way the families are written... swoon-worthy!  

by 
Aurora Rose Reynolds
This was an ARC & the book actually comes out in September.  I've been anticipating it for AGES, tho!  I've actually had the cover saved to my phone for years!  (Or, it feels like it...I'm not actually sure how long!)  And he story... it'll yank at your heart & bring tears but also laughter.  
It's about a first love that wasn't able to get off the ground, and the second chance that first love is given.  Beautiful story!!  

by
Kaylee Ryan
Oh, this one is FUN!!!!
There's friendship & banter & adventure & lots & lots of love!  

And there you have my August reads!!  
I'm not sure why I couldn't link to some of my reviews, so in those cases I linked to the GoodReads page.  I hope if you enjoy my actual reviews that you read them on there!  Either way, tho, I hope you find something here that makes you want to read read read!!!  

Until next time - tell me what you've discovered this summer!  A new author?  A rediscovery of a favorite read?  

TTFN! 

: )







No comments:

Post a Comment