Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Author Spotlight - A.D. Ellis



A.D. Ellis holds a special place in my heart.  I'm not sure how I "discovered" her - probably Facebook, as that really is a most awesome place for finding new-to-you authors & not only being able to check out their books, but to connect with them as well.

She currently has a M/M series that has been VERY well received.  
(I don't read M/M, but because I know and adore her writing style & story telling, I'm more than comfortable recommending her!  If you're a M/M reader, check out book 1 in her Something About Him series, Bryan & Jase!)

She also has a couple contemporary series, and these are the ones I've read and fallen in love with.
The Torey Hope Series (book 2, Because of Beckett is FREE at the time I'm posting this) & Torey Hope: The Later Years follow a group of friends/family making their way & finding love in the midwest town of Torey Hope.  They are amazingly sweet, in-depth, heartwarming & sexy!  
Each story can be read as a stand alone (tho they're obviously all connected!) & tackles real-life situations, both individually and as couples.  I LOVE that about her stories!!! 

While I love all of them, one young man from The Later Years stole my heart & just refuses to give it back!  Knowing this, our dear A.D. had a little something extra in store for me at last year's Writers On The River signing.

That's right, a personal message from Zach!!!
*hearts*
When I saw this, not only did I about cry, but my heart got so warm!!

I'm totally fangirling here, and it wasn't even the first time meeting her!  : ) 

Speaking of the first time we met - THIS cemented that special place in my heart that is all hers.
It was my first big multi-author signing - I'd been to a signing w/ 10 authors the year before, and I thought THAT was big, but Rochelle highly encouraged me to come to an even bigger signing in Indiana, and A.D. was there.  And as I walked up to her table a bit nervously, she squeaked, rounded the table, and tackle hugged me!  ME!
SHE KNEW WHO I WAS!
My heart still goes all happy at that memory.  : )  
My heart still goes all happy ANY time someone knows who I am, and is happy to see ME - but she gets the honor of being the first.  

She also surprised me with this little gem in St Louis.  
Zaaaaaach!  

Sadly, about a month after that signing, someone broke into my car & my house, stealing my purse (among other things) and this was one of the treasures I had in there (along w/ my signature book that had been w/ me to all my signings.  Anya Breton - who will also be at WOTR! - was my last signature in that book, WITH a llama stamp, darn it!).
So, altho the necklace itself is gone, I'm grateful I have this picture and will always treasure the gift.
: ) 

I can't wait to see & hug her & get more books next weekend!!  

Be sure to leave a comment & let me know what you think!
And check out this list of authors attending this year's WOTR.  If there's an author you'd like to see a Spotlight on, let me know.

ttfn!

(All links are for Amazon, as usual, not because I get anything from them when you click, but because I figure it's more convenient for you!)  


No comments:

Post a Comment