Sunday, July 2, 2017

Curiosity

Hey Party Peeps!  

I hope your weekend has gone/is going well - do you get all four days off for the 4th?  

So, I'm curious about a few things, and thought I'd come to you guys for some answers.  There are no "right" or "wrong" answers here, I just want to know where readers are at on a few subjects.  : )  (And when I say no right or wrong answers, I actually mean it - unlike this quiz I took at work the other day.  It SAID that, but then - just to test it was being truthful - I picked an answer I was pretty sure they wouldn't like, and I got an "Incorrect" pop up.  If there aren't any wrong answers, none of them should be "Incorrect!"  Duh!  LOL) 

Anyway, leave an answer in the comments, or comment on the FB post & let me know what YOU think.  Your opinion counts!!  

1) Does a story have to have an HEA for you to enjoy it?
 - My answer is yes.  For me to truly enjoy a story, it needs to have an HEA or at least be going in the direction or, have the possibility of, an HEA if it's a prequel or part 1 of a continuing story.  

2) Is there a specific amount of sex that is either too much or too little?  And is it always the same amount?
- My answer is no.  For me, there are definitely stories that I feel like had TOO MUCH sex, but only because they were classified as romance rather than straight up erotica, and to me romance should focus on the story while straight up erotica is more story-light/sex-heavy.  Not sure if that's an "official" norm or if that's just my expectation!  

3) Will you still buy/read a story that intrigues you even if the title or cover skeeves you out?  I'm talking having a true reaction to the cover/title that immediately has you going "Nope!" but then someone posts a snippet & you think, "Oh, that sounds interesting/good/enjoyable," but when you click on the link it's THAT cover/title.
- My answer is usually no.  If a cover/title bothers me that much, I don't want to open my kindle & see it, so I'll usually just go through reviews to get the gist of what the story is about.  : )  

That's it!  Those are the questions burning my brain at the moment!  If I get any answers or y'all let me know you like it, I'll make it a regular thing.  I can ALWAYS come up w/ questions that are floating around in my brain!!  ;  )  

Be safe & have a GREAT weekend/week!!  

ttfn!  : ) 

3 comments:

  1. 1) no but only if the author wrote a fabulous story
    2) depends. If the story is still good a lot of sex isn't a problem. But the scenes need to be differents. The same sex scene again and again is definitely too much
    3) I did it. I buy a serie by an author that was awsome. And knowing it was a good author is the only reason I bought her other serie which had an awful cover!

    ReplyDelete