Saturday, November 22, 2014

Author Spotlight - Rochelle Paige

For my very first Author Spotlight, I present to you ...

Rochelle Paige!! : ) 

Rochelle Paige is the author of the Blythe College series.  She also has a spin-off, the Bachelorette Party series which starts w/ Sucked Into Love, and is hard at work writing more fabulous books!




I can't mention Rochelle without mentioning another favorite author, who "introduced" me to Rochelle - Aurora Rose Reynolds.  Her book, Until November, I loved so much that I became an instant fan & was EXTREMELY happy when I discovered she was making it into a series.  While scooping up as much information as I could about ARR, I came across Rochelle's teasers & advertisements for her debut novel, Push The Envelope.  I immediately fell in love w/ the synopsis, the cover was intriguing (guy looks like Shane West) & I'd never, to my recollection, read a book with a RUGBY star as the main character!  

I wasn't in deep with my kindle yet at that time, so I waited (im)patiently for there to be a paperback available.  I ordered.  It arrived.  I DEVOURED it.  And, as you can see from my review, I couldn't wait for more from Rochelle Paige!  

Since that time, I've been fortunate to count her as a friend, as well as someone I can fan-girl on!  LOL   You know, the kind of friends today's media-laden applications (FB, specifically) help to create, but it's still real!!  We chat on FB, we have similar styles & tastes, I LOVE her sense of humor & think she'd be super cool to hang out with if we lived in the same town.  : )  And this past weekend, I was blessed to actually meet her in person, give her a hug, wish I could hang out w/ her all day (but that would be sorta rude to her other fans waiting to meet & chat w/ her!)... *grin*  I was blessed to find out that she is, indeed, as cool as she seems online.




And even before I found that out, I got my friend, Sarah, addicted to her books as well.  So, while I was in the same space as the talented Ms. Paige, I got Sarah a set of signed Blythe College books for Christmas. (Thanks for signing all of those at once, btw!)  

Huzzah!  Now, I just have to ship them... ; )  

And while I have devoured and adored every book I've read since PTE - she is now an auto-buy author for me.  It doesn't matter what she writes, I'll snap it up! - Push The Envelope (and DRAKE, good golly, Drake) will always be my favorite.  The story blew me away w/o knowing anything more about Rochelle than I loved the cadence of her writing.  

Each subsequent book in the series pulled me in & kept me wanting more.  The connections each character has, the appearances of other characters from other books (including a cross-over w/ one of ARR's characters, which I just thought was NEAT!).  And in Sucked Into Love, she pulled a character that had a very small (page-wise) but very big (storyline-wise) part in a previous book, and gave them their own story.  And that story nearly ties w/ PTE as my favorite, I think.  

One more thing before I list out the books for easy clicking - I'll share something that wasn't in my review, and it's something I may not have even shared w/ Rochelle, I'm not sure.  One of my favorite things about Drake, about his side of the story, is how he felt this instant connection w/ Alexa - the first time she sees him, she's all gussied up for a party & so she's looking GOOD, and of course turning heads.  The second time she sees him, she's in sweats, in a hurry, has the just rolled out of bed college student thing going on.  But the first time Drake saw Alexa was way before even that party.  He saw her on campus, just walking around, normal college-student attire, and thought, "Who IS that girl?"  And then (and this IS in the review) as soon as he knows she's free to be pursued, he PURSUES.  I got the same vibe from that as when Oz sees Willow for the first time on Buffy - just pure chemistry.  And I love that!  

Hopefully these stories have peaked your interest in Rochelle, and in giving her books a shot!  : )  I'll leave you with some links so you can check them out for yourself.  

Rochelle Paige on FB
Push The Envelope (the book links are the Amazon links, although you can also get to them on GR after you've read my review, because you just know you want to read my review...!)(*grin*)
Hit The Wall
Summer Nights
Outside The Box
The convenient BOX SET of those four up there
Winter Wedding
Sucked Into Love

If you've read these wonderful stories, or if you decide to read them after checking them out for the first time, let me know what you think?  I'd love to know what others enjoy about the stories & which couple's your favorite & all that fun stuff!  : )  


ttfn!
Update: 
Photo of me & Rochelle at Wild & Windy In the City
Chicago, May 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment