Monday, January 1, 2018

Some of my Top Reads of 2017 (Part 2)

Whoops, I meant to publish part 2 before January 1st, sorry about that!  

Somehow, my Top Reads posts became more author-specific than book-specific, because there were so many authors I read more-than-one book that touched me & became a favorite, making the author into a favorite to share & recommend!  

So, here are a few more of those authors who gave me MANY books to love this year!  

Lani Lynn Vale - This woman has SO MANY series going, and they are (from what I can tell) ALL connected.  It's amazing!  Connected stand alone stories are my favorite things ever, and to have multiple series all connected... You never know which characters from other areas are going to pop up & it's faaaabulous!  I'd read a couple of her books a few years ago, and I was blessed to meet her at a signing (Nashville, October 2016).  It wasn't until 2017, however, that I truly DISCOVERED her stories.  I devoured 10+ this year & enjoyed each & every one!  Looking forward to more in 2018!!

Aurora Rose Reynolds - I've gushed about her before, so y'all already know I adore everything she writes.  : )  Watching her career grow these past few years has been AH-MA-ZING!  She works so hard & writes stories (again, connected, LOVE IT!) that touch my heart every single time.  And in 2018, some of my other favorite authors (Susan Stoker!  Brynne Asher!) will be writing stories for a KW (Kindle World) based on ARR's story universe.  I am SO EXCITED!  

Jennifer Vester - Her Lakefield series sucked me in SO HARD!  The stories are fast-paced & full of ALPHA-Y GOODNESS!  One of my authors posted a recommendation for her series on their FB page, so of course I had to check it out.  ; )  The covers drew me in & then I looked at the blurbs & devoured all three right away.  Then when Chase came out, I was ON IT!  *pounce*  *laugh*  Seriously, tho, I'm so thankful to have found these stories!!   

Jennifer Van Wyk - I somehow was blessed to read an ARC of A Better Place, and it was FANTABULOUS!  10+++ stars.  The banter, humor, meet-cute - everything about this story kept me turning pages & laughing out loud & swooning all over the place.  I need to read more from her in 2018!!  : )  

Scarlett Cole - I fell in love with her Second Circle series a bit ago, and then this year I discovered she has a spin-off series, Preload, and OH MY HECK!  The world she built around these characters is amazing.  My eyes are tearing up typing this, because the guys in Preload had such rough childhoods, but they came together as a family.  The support they have for each other... the way she wrote them, the overarching story line for both series is nothing short of brilliant.  These stories stick with me and pop into my head at random times... *sigh*  *hearts*  


I'm seriously going through all the books I read this year, and it was such a wonderful year for books!  I've gotten pretty good at picking books that will be 4 or 5 (or more) star reads for me.  New-to-me authors are always a gamble, but I've been pretty good in that respect this year as well.  Found some that became favorites - Amie Knight, RB Hilliard, Cybill Cain, Jamie Schlosser, Jessica Florence, Devney Perry, Brooke Parker, Alice Ward, RL Mathewson, Parker S Huntington... I could seriously go on & on, because I found SO MANY authors to love this year!  
And then, of course, the authors who I've been obsessed with for a while, who put out some great reads this year - Rochelle Paige/Elle Christensen/Fiona Davenport, Susan Stoker, L.B. Dunbar... 
SO MUCH GOODNESS!!!  

(EDIT: I had to put together a book-specific post, as well... I'm OBSESSED!)  

Being able to read these stories is a blessing, and one I'm grateful for!

Who've you discovered in 2017, and what are you looking forward to reading in 2018??

TTFN! 

: ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment