Monday, January 1, 2018

Top 10 (or 11) READS (actual books) of 2017

I couldn't resist.
These books blew me away in 2017 & I had to share!
I'm linking to my Goodreads reviews, which include highlights (love that feature on the site!) & you'll be able to get to purchase links if you so desire.  : )  

Tied by Carian Cole - Carian has written some of my favorite reads, it's true (Storm, Torn, Talon), but Ty & Holly's story absolutely blew me away.  It unleashed a level of emotion I'd been unable to let go of for a very long time.  The love and devotion of these two characters, the way they brought each other out of very valid shells... It's not only one of my favorites of the year, but one of my favorite stories ever.  

The Bad Guy by Celia Aaron - I don't really do dark reads.  I like to leave a story feeling good vibes, and want to feel good about falling in love with the hero/heroine of the tale.  But Jamie Schlosser sent me a note that basically said READ THIS NOW and I trust Jamie, so ... I read it.  And WOW!  The premise is definitely darker than my usual (a kidnapping, what?!), but the nuances and pacing, the way we're shown what's going on in Sebastian's head... Yep.  It did it for me & I join Jamie in highly recommending this one!  

Speaking of Jamie... Untamable by Jamie Schlosser - This story is the furthest from a dark read that you will find.  It is HILARIOUS and is just a total feel-good tail... I mean tale.  *grin*  So many true LOL moments!!  : )  

A Steel Heart by Amie Knight - This was another LOL and swoony favorite!  It could have been a dark read - our hero, Holden, is suffering from PTSD & he is a growly beast.  But Miranda is such a burst of joy, and she has the perfect personality to help him through his darker times.  Tippy top read!

Orion by Raeah Wilding - I have this deep, abiding love for wounded warriors, PTSD survivors, men who have put it all on the line in service to their country & come back with scars (seen, and unseen).  This is a story with all of that and more.  It is deep and emotional, and made me want to crawl inside the story to dole out hugs.  

The Map To You by Lindy Zart - There is a lot going on with this story, and I can't even begin to describe it with any level of accuracy.  It tugged at my heart, made me laugh and tear up and fall in love!!  

Pierce My Heart by Kelsey Jensen - This one is an insta-love with lots of depth - I know, sometimes those two things don't go together, but this story is done perfectly in that regard!  Jake & Anna are FUN to read.  : )  

Dare to Dream by C.A. Harms - When I wrote my review for this story, I described it as a 100% perfect read.  There are parts that are so completely a mirror of my relationship w/ my dad that it was a very emotional read for me.  Even with the tears it brought forth, though, it is a FUN read, and one I am looking forward to re-reading & falling in love with again!  Also, it's one of my favorite covers!!  : )  

Trick by Laramie Briscoe - This was one of my first reads of the year, and my first by this author.  It pulled me in from the teasers & blurb I saw on FB, and I pre-ordered it based on that teaser/blurb.  It's a great example of single-parent stories done right, and the chemistry & love you can feel between Trick & Hadley, and the way they have a care to her daughter's feelings ... Loved it!  

Drowning to Breathe by A.L. Jackson - I'm not a big "duet" fan.  I like connected books, but tend to want each couple to have ONE book, because I don't like when things get drawn out unnecessarily.  So, for this one - part two of a duet at the beginning of a series of connected stand alones - to make my top reads of the year, well, it's THAT good!  There is some relationship drama at the beginning, but it gets resolved fairly quickly & the rest of the story is Baz & Shea working together as a team, which I loved!  

Unspoken Words by H.P. Davenport - This one is a little more angsty than I normally like - friends to lovers tend to do that, have a bit of back & forth because they don't want to mess up their friendship.  But Jamie & Cami's story is just so well done that it made it to my list of favorites!  You can feel what they're feeling, and can understand (mostly) the hesitations.  There is also a tragedy that gets mixed up in there, and again the writing is just so beautifully done... AND as a bonus, there is a follow up, Unspoken Vows, where we get to see more from these two.  : )  

There you have it, my friends!  
I hope you've found one or two new-to-you authors to check out, or discovered you & I have a love for the same books!  
Do share!  

TTFN!

: )  




No comments:

Post a Comment