Sunday, April 1, 2018

March Roundup - No Foolin'!

Starting off, I have to say - this year has been AMAZING for new releases as well as my finding "older" books & series to love.  

And before I get to the books, I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mama!  She & her twin are 70 today & I'm very happy to have them in my life!  
April 1st was never about a "fools" day for me - it's always the day to celebrate!
And this year it's extra special, because it's also Easter.  
Blessings!!  
: ) 

Now, March's Roundup!  

First of all, my spotlight book of the month:
by 
K Webster
(This cover is ... oooh!) 

This story!  It's SO unique & different & the blurb tells you nearly NOTHING.
I highly encourage going into it as blind as you can, because it's such a great experience.
It's so totally worth it!  

Next up, we have Jamie Schlosser's Outcast.  

This cover!!!  
*swoon* 

It's no secret that I ADORE Jamie & have loved every single one of her books!  This one especially touched me because of the way Ezra & Kayla both feel out of place at times, but are both able to stand up for themselves - and each other.  It's full of heart & hope & is diverse in a natural way, the way diversity is meant to be!  : )  

Fighting Weight
by 

Gillian Jones

Then, we have a book that was difficult in the beginning.  It tackles some TOUGH subjects, and the writing is so real, so incredibly well-done that you can't help but FEEL along with the main character.  And she goes through a kind of hell.  And I struggled, because my empathy was alive & well & in full force.  
I continued with the story, so beautifully written, I was pulled in & didn't want to go.  I hunkered down with my tissues and iced coffee (you may want wine...) & read this amazing story full of so much heart.  

Lover Come Back 
by
Scott Hildreth
(I don't have a cover image for this one! 
D'oh!) 
Also on my list this month is a biography of sorts - not my usual, I know!  But Scott wrote his & Jess's story in his usual manner.  It's a beautiful tribute to their relationship, as well as to his family & life in general.  I absolutely loved it & it's a great read!  If you're already a fan of Scott - or if this is your first read from him (because if that's the case, you'll want to read more!).  
It broke my star rating!!!  

Wait With Me
by 
Amy Daws


Have you heard the story of this book?  It's unique & funny & FUN!  
So, Amy had been having a little trouble writing her latest Harris brother story.  Then she took her car to get tires at her local tire shop, Tires Tires Tires.
The words, they flowed!
So, she kept going back.  She borrowed cars from neighbors, family, teachers, ANYONE who would let her take their car in, she did it.  Even after she ran out of cars, she continued.  And she documented the whole adventure on social media.
AND WE LOVED IT!
So, with some encouragement from her agent - and fans - she fictionalized it, added a romance & badda bing, badda boom!  This story was born.
It's fun & has lots of LOL moments & banter (love!) but is also more emotional than I was anticipating.
That's the best kind of surprise!  

Lennon Reborn
by 
Scarlett Cole


Have I gushed to y'all about this series before?  
It's one of my FAVORITES!
It starts at the end of her Second Circle Tattoos series (which I also LOVE), and then moves into a spin off series about the rest of Preload.  They're a rock band, but not typical.
Each story is an emotional, healing journey - and Lennon has his own healing to do.
I absolutely ADORE this story, and I'm including it with March (even tho it doesn't come out until May) because it was one of my favorite reads of the month.

What did y'all read in March?
Any favorites?
Anything that WOW'd you & we all need to read?
Drop a comment!  Don't be shy!  ;)  

TTFN!
: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment