Tuesday, April 10, 2018

New Release - Oceanside by Michelle Mankin


This story has one of my favorite covers - and the story inside does NOT disappoint!  

Isn't this cover DREAMY?  
*swoon*  

I'm switching things up a bit for this one & posting my review below with the Amazon link rather than GoodReads.  : )  

by
Michelle Mankin

Fanny & Ash pulled me in straight away. Their story is intense and complex, and the obstacles they face are unique. Unique to the book world, altho Ash's obstacles are, I think, common issues that have been overlooked in recent years. 

There are some parts I wasn't a fan of - glimpses of Ash's pre-Fanny life that were too detailed for me, altho I understand why they were included. I did skip around those, not fully reading them as they were personal hard no's. 

Aside from that, I love the pacing of the story, the friendship & road to trust each of them must take to get to their (also unique and complex) HEA. Seeing the couples from the earlier books was a treat, and seeing how they are all FAMILY, how they are all connected and work at those connections was truly mesmerizing and beautiful to read. 

I love Fanny's strength and resilience, Ash's dominance and care, and both of their protection for each other! This is an amazing story, full of love, hope, and promise. I'm very interested to see updates & to read Hollie's story! : )


Also, just a small shout out to one of Michelle's other series that I really enjoyed, Tempest.  The first book, Irresistible Refrain, is free on Amazon.

This series also deals w/ some tough, important topics.  <3  

TTFN!
: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment