Monday, January 11, 2021

Guilty Pleasure by Jessica Prince


I know this is a "currently reading" graphic, and I finished this over the weekend, but I just loved the graphic & had to share it!! (Thanks to Love Affair With Fiction!!) 

This story - guys, this story required tissues. Lark is battered. Not physically, but emotionally. And returning to Redemption for her feels like being stuck in a washing machine on the spin cycle. It's tough! But WOW is it a great story!! 

My Review:

Grab you tissues! Clay & Lark's story is heartbreaking and healing. Sweet and steamy. Moving, really. I spent most of the story wanting to give Lark hugs - her heart is SO BIG & it's been so bruised by the town of Redemption. There were times I wished for the power to jump into the story & smack some ppl around, too. I'm not normally violent... LOL 

I wasn't a fan of Clay's for a bit - he's just so MEAN. Even tho he doesn't really mean to be mean - he's just so frustrated (with himself, his feelings, really) that's how it comes out. Every time he makes an unintentional direct hit to Lark's heart, he immediately realizes & apologizes, but I still wasn't happy with him. He does, thankfully redeem himself, and when they're together, the sparks & chemistry is beautiful! 

I also enjoyed the supporting characters of Aurora, Callum, & Pope. (OMH, I really hope there are going to be stories somewhere for these ppl!) And of course Lumpy... *grin* It was also great to see Cannon, Farah, & Poppy pop in. ; ) 

All in all, another enjoyable, fabulous read for this series! 

: )

It's available in KU, so check it out!! 

And, as you know, I'm a HUGE fan of Jessica Prince's series, since I gush about them all the time... LOL So, I highly recommend diving in to the whole series & more! 

TTFN!
; ) 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment