Saturday, June 18, 2022

Last on the List by Amy Daws

 Happy New Release to Amy!! 

Before I get into sharing my review and links, a little story about Amy must be shared. 

I "discovered" her thanks to Instagram. She, Meghan Quinn, and Sara Ney had this whole girl gang thing going on, and as part of a ... promotion? I'm actually not even sure how it started ... they had this idea to crash a wedding. They posted about it a lot. They took dance classes. They took requests. And then they crashed a wedding, documenting it all on the 'gram. It was so much fun! I started following all three of them on social & found some pretty great stories I enjoyed from each of them, as well. 

This story, Last on the List, is the final installment of a series Amy started writing because of a little tire shop in her hometown. I highly encourage y'all to check out THAT story, and then start this series with Wait With Me, because it is A LOT of fun! The whole series is quite entertaining! 



Cover Photographer: Wander Aguiar
Cover Model: Tanner Hueter

Now, for Last on the List! 

Excellent cover, right?

Amy designed it! : ) 

My Review:

Okay, so I am really NOT a fan of any time the term "daddy" is used other than as an affectionate term from a child for their parent. I.e., not in a bedroom way at all. (There have been exceptions, but 98% of the time, hard no.) For whatever reason, the term "zaddy" isn't as creepy, thankfully, because it definitely plays a big role for Cozy & Max. LOL 

This story is deliciously full of laughter, healing, relaxation, and STEAM. Set your fan. Part of both the amusement and steam are the "kinks." *grin* Trust me, they're fun & not triggery. The relationships are highlighted in amazing ways - not just w/ Cozy (aka Cassandra) & Max, but Everly, Jessica, our Wait With Me gang, every relationship gets some page time & is just beautifully done. There is an awesome LGBTQ+ storyline involved, as well, and I just want to give a huge thumbs up to the way this was written! It's a great example of how the community can and should be represented. 

Also, the way PTSD and healing is portrayed in bits of the story - another thumbs up there! 

I feel blessed to have read this story. Highly enjoyable!!! 

: )

Links:

Read or Listen Now: https://geni.us/LastOnTheList

Add to your TBR: https://bit.ly/LOTL_Goodreads  

I'd love to know what you think!

I'd also love to know if there are any authors you've discovered because of social media. Maybe you didn't start out following them because of their books, but because something about them caught your eye. I can't be the only one! ; ) 


TTFN!

: ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment