Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Freak Show by Lani Lynn Vale

 Welcome to release day for book 2 in the fabulous 

 Welcome To The Circus series by Lani Lynn Vale! 



This one brings an HEA that fans of LLV have been waiting YEARS for.

Or, maybe just me.

But I don't think it was just me.  ; ) 

My Review: 

I LOVE Slone & am so happy he got an HEA of his very own! I've been wanting this since he fist showed up in a previous series! I'm also happy we get to experience a good amount of his friendship with Titus & Banner. 💜

Caristonia, aka Tony, gets a new nickname from Slone of Ari, which I adored. Ari fits her somehow better! I enjoyed the pacing of their romance (quick!) & that they don't fight their connection at all. She bonds with Briley right away, too, which is fun! 

There's a lot going on with the circus & family that I didn't really connect with, or like. I'm hopeful that when we get Hades's story, I'll get more insight into her & will be able to like her again. Slone is super protective of Ari, and I kinda am, too! I want her to be able to have a healthy relationship with all her siblings! She has so much heart and courage and love - she's so perfect with Slone! 

I did quite enjoy the part the tigers got to play! Coco & Melon ... I want to snuggle them (carefully)! 

😍😍😍

Links


This one made me upset at the Singh family, though, and hopefully there will be some healing as the series goes on. I know I get too emotionally invested in stories, in general. I can't read most "bully romance" tropes because I just can't handle ppl being mean to each other. And the sisters are not very kind to Ari in this story - even though they all love each other & it's just family dynamics, it still made me want to smack most of the family through this one! 

Anywhoodle! I loved Slone & Ari, and the ending makes me think I'll understand one sister's actions more in a future story, so that makes me happier. LOL 

Have you picked this series up yet? 

Let me know what YOU thought! 

TTFN!

: ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment