Friday, October 16, 2020

Take A Number by Amy Daws

 Are you ready for a new Kindle Unlimited read?

A romantic comedy?

Steaaaaaam?



Amy Daws is one of my favorite authors to follow in Instagram. I discovered her when she, Meghan Quinn, & Sara Ney kept having shenanigans together & ... I think they crashed a wedding in Texas? Anyway, through that, I was following Amy when she started writing, incognito, at her local tire shop. She'd had a bit of writer's block & lo & behold, her magic returned at this complimentary smorgasboard of coffee & treats while waiting for oil changes & such. 

This adventure turned into inspiration for a story - Wait With Me - it exploded all over social media, local news channels, national news channels... And an entire waiting room series was born. I LOVE it!! 

The latest installment, Take A Number, is about a bakery owner & the silent investor who ... well, check it out & see what ensues! You'll definitely get some good laughs!! : ) 


My Review:

Dean & Norah's story is sweet like a croinut and spicy like a jalepeno popper. Okay, it's probably actually a bit spicier than that, since the cream cheese really cuts down on the ... ya know what? You don't care about my snacking preferences. Okay! Back to Dean & Norah! : ) 


I enjoyed their halting friendship. Neither was quite sure that's what they had, but they got to know each other as they navigated their fake dating relationship. They grew a friendship, added some benefits, and realized they didn't want it to be fake any more. The only things I didn't really like there were how Dean reacted to Norah's suggestion they make it real & the length of their SOB (seemingly obligatory breakup). 


But the final leg to their HEA... SWOON! And there are LOTS of LOL moments to enjoy, not only between them, but with Kate & Lynsey, too. I love the dynamic of their friendships w/ Dean! 


So, a very enjoyable read & great addition to this series! 


: )  

It's available in KU, so you can click here & get it!


Let me know what you think! And if you've read the other stories or about Amy's adventures at Tires Tires Tires!  : ) 


TTFN!


: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment