Friday, December 11, 2020

2020 Favorite Reads (Part I)

 2020 - what a strange year! I started a new job in August 2019, and was just feeling like I was getting into the groove of it when the new year started. And then - BAM! A pandemic. States started trying to close non-essential businesses, and no one was sure what was going on. Warehouses that had closed for the holidays decided to stay closed a bit longer. And then at the end of March, my company furloughed the entire office for two weeks - which turned into two months - and four months - and now I've been furloughed nearly all of 2020. 


There have definitely been struggles with this, but I'm feeling SO BLESSED. To have (*prays*) stayed healthy so far other than my hip flare ups. To have been able to spend time with my family every week. And, the important part as far as this blog is concerned - SO MANY GREAT READS!!! 


I'm starting Post 1 on December 1st, and hoping to give you a few posts through the month, to give you a recap of some of my favorite reads this year. I'll highlight some new-to-me authors, some excellent covers, stories that made me FEEL - joy, pain, but most importantly love. : ) 


Let's get started!!




Susan Stoker, Aurora Rose Reynolds, Devney Perry, and Winter Travers have been favorites for several years. Automatic pre-order! They each usually put out several books a year, and I'm always chomping at the bit for new ones. They're also fabulous for re-reading!! 


Darlene Tallman was a new-to-me author this year, and Poseidon's Lady started my journey to binge reading a lot of her backlist! Her MC books have a lot of heart & sense of family that makes me happy. 

Joy Blood is another new-to-me author this year, and I really enjoyed Brood & Show. Her MC books are a little darker/violent than I normally go for, so I haven't gotten into her backlist, but do want to continue w/ this series. : ) 


Sara Ney - I've been following her on Instagram for a couple years. She, Amy Daws, & Meghan Quinn did this quirky little "crash a wedding" thing & they were all SO MUCH FUN to watch, I had to follow. She has a few series that aren't really my cup of tea for one reason or another, but her latest series is a favorite. Hard Fall is my favorite of the 3 currently out, and I'm looking forward to he next installment in 2021! 


Smitten by Lauren Rowe! This book is swoony goodness & is a definite reread! The banter in this story was off the charts, and the whole read made me happy! 


Have you read any out of this group? I'd love to know your thoughts - or some of your top 2020 reads! 


TTFN!

: ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment