Tuesday, July 27, 2021

No Rep (Madd CrossFit Series) by Lani Lynn Vale

 It's time for another LLV!!! 

Happy New Release to one of my favorite authors! 

: ) 



My Review:

I really like Fran & Taos & their story, but - and this is a totally expected issue considering the name and venue of the series - there is just tooooo much CrossFit action for a non-CrossFitter. Or, at least for this non-CrossFitter. ; ) 

CrossFit is more of a supporting character than I expected. And, like with other books where the characters are in this lifestyle, the constant complaining about CF while also saying how much they love it just ... gets on my nerves. It takes me out of the story because then I'm thinking, "Seriously, you hate it, it makes you puke, you can't move the next day but you go back & do it again & again, WHY AREN'T YOU DOING A PROGRAM YOU LOVE?" 

Anyway, that aside, I love the characters, the emotion, the relationship Fran has w/ Mavis & the relationship between Taos & his friends - and his gran. I would have liked more Grans in the story! There's also a great plot woven in w/ the serial killer angle. 

So, overall, this is an enjoyable story, and CF gurus will definitely recognize and enjoy the WODs & other inside things. Non CF gurus like me might find it a bit much, but I still say give it a chance because, again, enjoyable story! And I AM looking forward to the other books - next up is Mavis's book & I'm super intrigued!!

: ) 

Links:



As always, if you picked this up, let me know what you thought! 

TTFN!

: ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment