Saturday, September 18, 2021

Vik by Belle Aurora

 This is book 2 in the Shot Callers series, and I have been awaiting the story for, literally, years. 

YES, YEARS! 



Why is there a picture of Lev there?

Well, you see, I read Lev for the first time in 2015. And it's one of my favorite rereads! And I just knew there had to be more... (and there were, sort of - The Friend Zoned series is about characters I met in Lev, too!). Vik & Sasha needed stories! Where were their stories?!! 

Well, they just needed time to percolate! 



Vik arrived this month & he did not disappoint! 

It's a bit darker & frustrated me more than Lev's book, but, well, here's my review: 

So, first of all, Lev is one of my top favorite stories. I reread it a lot! Not only for Lev & Mina, but because this family touches my heart in every reread. I wanted to read all their stories - but they didn't exist.

When I saw Vik... I might have had a happy out of body moment of joy... 😉

Vik & Nastasia have a huuuuge communication issue. She thinks his heart is locked away, he thinks she doesn't love him, but he'll do everything he can to be there for her anyway. There are some heartbreaking things going on in this story, and tears were shed!

There's also a lot of humor, some fantastic POVs from others that I loved getting a glimpse from, and the same awesome look into this family that I loved in Lev. Some bits are darker, we get hints at secrets & things to come... All of which made me excited for whichever couple is getting a story next, because I know it's going to be emotional and brilliant!

I also enjoyed seeing the friendship and family dynamic between Nastasia, Anika, Cora, & Mina. The way they support each other, root for each other, love each other. 💜

I just want to give everyone in this family a hug!!! 

😍

And the links so you can check it out: 

US: https://amzn.to/3A7TkWD  
UK: https://amzn.to/3z8dJJM 
CA: https://amzn.to/3k6qtMD 
AU: https://amzn.to/3hrMqnN 

Free in Kindle Unlimited

(Thanks to Give Me Books for the graphics & links!) 

And hey, let me know if you've met Lev & the gang, and if you'll be reading Vik soon! 


TTFN!

: ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment