Monday, August 7, 2023

Second Down Darling by Lex Martin

Happy new release! This story is a great addition to this single dad series. I love Jake & Charlie & their friendship. 



My review:

Oh my goodness, Jake & Charlotte are fabulous! Just the way they love each other (after Jake pulls his head outta his hindquarters!) is swoony. I adore Asher! He steals some scenes, the cutie.

Also stealing scenes - again - BILLY! Good gravy, his book is next & I really hope he is as genuine & playful on the path to his HEA as he's been helping everyone else to theirs. I want to see him successfully balance the depth I know is in his heart with his goofy antics.

We also get some great Roxy moments. I love her & Charlie's friendship. I love that Charlie finds her tribe here. And a pupper. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก

Now, back to Jake & Charlie. They have to battle some pretty heavy things, but I really felt like they did it well, for the most part. They do have a brief SO (seemingly obligatory) not-quite-breakup that made me wrinkle my nose at both of them, but it was understandable.

I adored the story, tho!!

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜


Have you read this series yet? I'd love to hear what you think! 


TTFN!!

๐Ÿ˜Š




No comments:

Post a Comment